- Provide all children with the knowledge to understand the world and the environment in which they live in and to prepare them for the next stage of their education.
- To inspire children’s curiosity and fascination about the diverse world around them.
- Encourage children to use their geographical knowledge to become independent learners by asking questions and investigating these.
- To widen children’s horizons so they have knowledge of the ever-changing and diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments around them.
- Know they are responsible for the choices they make as local and global citizens and be aware of the impact they can have on the planet.
*Colours link intent back to Whole School Curriculum Intent