All lessons taught build on prior learning and will be supported through:
- A knowledge organizer (including vocabulary) that all children are secure in and used in weekly quizzes.
- A clear progressive curriculum using the Lincs Agreed Syllabus (uc)
- Elaborative questioning to challenge pupils to apply their learning in a range of ways and reflect on their thinking.
- Trips and visits to enhance knowledge and understanding
- High expectations of writing in RE matching that of English
- High expectations in the quality of work produced
- The use of religious texts and specialist vocabulary
- A large emphasis on the ‘bigger picture’ encouraging children to find answers for the questions that they raise.
- Clear and progressive plans of content and process knowledge.
- Completion of a concept cartoon to elicit prior knowledge and understanding on which to build learning and encourage children to pose questions and spark curiosity.
- Opportunities for curriculum adaption and challenge, pre-teaching and interventions for those children who may require it, including those with SEN, throughout a topic or prior to a new topic being taught.